High Liner Foods is seeking a Business Analyst to support the Canadian Operations Team. The position is based out of the Sales & Marketing head office in Concord, Ontario.
The company is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. High Liner does business globally and employs approximately 1500 employees.
This position is part of the Corporate Information Services team which works in a shared-services capacity, providing support across the entire High Liner organization.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Systems, the Business Analyst is responsible for process analysis, system design, configuration of computer software and management of development projects. This position recommends standards and methodologies to resolve, simplify and improve business processes/issues. There is direct contact with customers, vendors, general and senior managers of this company. The individual in this position has a highest technical foundation on iSeries concepts and is responsible for incorporating all aspects of iSeries access under our documented procedures. They are also an expert in the JDE application and the business processes it supports. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting the configuration and implementation of development tools and purchased solutions into our infrastructure.
High Liner believes that investing in employee development helps to engage their people and maintain a competitive advantage. Your career is important to us and High Liner encourages the successful candidate to actively participate in our formal learning & development program to prepare for future opportunities that may arise within the organization. Offering a competitive compensation package coupled with a bonus, benefits and retirement plan, this is a chance for you to take the knowledge you have acquired in your career to date and have a real impact on the business.
Key accountabilities include but not limited to:
· Under general direction from the Director Business Systems, works with business owners to help solve complex business issues. This involves the translation of user requirements into useable systems by configuring business applications for most effective use, arranging business process mapping, identifying new system needs and providing systems analysis and design. This includes general and/or detailed specifications and directions to other team members and reports. It includes program and file specifications and considers processing capacities.
· To assist Business Leaders in the capacity of a Business Analyst, with the identification of business process improvement opportunities which involve information technology. Recommends to Business Leaders the appropriate technology options to support business improvement projects. Recommends improvements to business processes and participates in the strategic planning for this area.
· Provides consultative service to Canadian Customer Service, Sales and Marketing organizations by identifying opportunities and requirements, completing process analysis, cost and time estimates, preparing feasibility studies, project plans and system designs. Acts as a senior liaison person with non-technical business leaders.
· Acts as a customer service representative for the IS department, ensuring the correct IS resources are enlisted and involved in solutions.
· Provides technical and procedural advice along with training to other team members.
· Recommends changes to standards, documentation, methodologies and security procedures for the Business Systems group.
· Creates project plans, definitions and schedules including time estimates, proposed schedules and resource utilization estimates for projects.
· Prepares status reports as required. Provides direction and advice to end users in project management activities as well as acting as a liaison between the user project team and the technical project members. Ensures that HLF's project management principles are followed.
· Directs, coordinates, reviews and approves work completed by others. Participates in the selection of personnel and is responsible for performance appraisals for staff reporting to them. Recommends appropriate training and development plans for developers.
· Provides technical and operational consulting advice for the resolution of complex business issues. Assists company personal in the development of problem definitions.
· Performs process analysis and documents existing technical processes. Provides advice regarding the application of computing solutions to business processes and issues. Adapts existing architecture/infrastructure to meet these requirements or recommends a solution provider.
· Analyzes impact of, plans for, and coordinates the implementation of upgrades provided to vendor supplied software.
· University Degree in Computer Science or Business
· Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a similar role
· Experience with JD Edwards would be an asset
· Familiarity with the following technology:
· Microsoft Reporting services and/or Report Builder
· Oracle User Productivity Kit
· Experience in the food industry, supporting Sales & Marketing teams would be preferred
· Passion to partner with the business to initiate process improvement and innovation
· Results driven to see solutions through from conception to completion
· Effective communicator – listening, verbal and written skills
· Service minded and positive towards change while managing multiple competing tasks and priorities
· Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
· Proven ability to influence and negotiate throughout all levels of the business
· A good sense of humour
· Periodic travel is required depending on project assignments
High Liner has engaged Lock Search Group exclusively on this search. To express interest in this opportunity, please contact Mike Davis at 416-641-2612 or email@example.com.
High Liner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.