All content (everything you see, read, or hear) on this website is owned or controlled by High Liner Foods Incorporated.
Worldwide copyright laws protect all content on this site. Unless we provide you with express permission to do otherwise on this website with respect to specific information, you may download content only for your personal use for non-commercial purposes, but no modification, other use, or further reproduction of the content is permitted. Please note that High Liner Foods conducts business primarily in North America. We operate facilities in Nova Scotia and Ontario, Canada and Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Virginia, United States. We make no representations that the contents of this site will be available or appropriate in every jurisdiction in which this site may be accessed. You are responsible for any laws governing use of a website.
We use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this website, but we make no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information provided. High Liner Foods Incorporated shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this site, or from your reliance on any information provided at this site.
This website may provide links or references to other sites. High Liner Foods makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to any information in such sites and has no responsibility for their content and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to the users of our site. We do not endorse the materials presented on sites which are not operated by us. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products represented on this site are protected in Canada, the United States, and internationally. No use of these may be made without prior, written authorization of High Liner Foods, except to identify our products and services.
While we welcome your comments and feedback on this site, and we appreciate hearing your recipe and food preparation ideas, we emphasize that we cannot protect your unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials related to our products, and we reserve the right to share non-personal information received via this site with the public. We do not seek unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials related to our products. If you do not want us to use your ideas, please do not submit them to us.
Senders of communications to this site or otherwise to High Liner Foods Incorporated shall be responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its legality, truthfulness, and accuracy. The information collected by High Liner Foods whether submitted to us via a feedback form or through a visitor's use of our site is used by High Liner Foods Incorporated solely for internal purposes including, without limitation, marketing, promotional, and feedback purposes. We do not sell or distribute email addresses or other information that may identify you to other parties.
High Liner Foods Incorporated
PO Box 910
100 Battery Point
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia B0J 2C0
Attention: Privacy Compliance Officer (Legal Department)
Our offices are open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Please feel free to email us anytime. We'll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
1. OUR POLICY
- subscribers to High Liner Foods publications and newsletters;
- visitors to High Liner Foods facilities; and
- Suppliers, customers and business partners and their representatives.
- Personal information you provide on third party sites not controlled by High Liner Foods. When interacting with our websites, you also can link or connect with non-High Liner Foods websites, services, social networks, applications, or other features. Visiting these sites could lead to other parties than High Liner Foods processing information about you. High Liner Foods does not have any control over sites of other parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these parties before using these sites.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect information directly from you. For example, if you sign up for a newsletter or enter a promotion on one of our brand sites we collect and retain that information for that specific purpose.
We collect information from you automatically. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to help personalize, improve, and provide our services, including allowing you to be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites and for advertising purposes.
We collect information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
4. WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to High Liner Foods;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites;
- to manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, and networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to administer subscriptions of High Liner Foods publications and newsletters; and
- to market our products and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests.
5. FOR WHAT PERIOD DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
High Liner Foods maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products, will be retained for the duration of the transaction period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered to sign up for High Liner Foods marketing materials, your information will be retained for as long as you maintain your email address attached to the registration. Your information will be deleted if you cancel your subscriptions.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, including High Liner Foods Investor Alerts, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with you at High Liner Foods events and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you.
- If you have reached out to us via our support line and you have not opted out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 2 years after the call has concluded unless otherwise specified during the call.
- If you have visited a High Liner Foods facility, the personal information needed to allow you to enter the facility will be held for one year after your last visit for records retention purposes.
- Personal information needed to retain our opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
6. WHEN AND HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing within High Liner Foods: As a global organization, information about you may be shared throughout High Liner Foods’ organization. See the list of High Liner Foods entities. High Liner Foods employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties: We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with service providers that operate or host our sites, provide data storage, or administer activities on our behalf, such as promotion administration. In addition, we share your information with third parties who help us operate our business. These parties are bound to handle your information securely and only process the information they need to perform the services we request.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about the use of the sites. Google Analytics provides information about how many users visit our sites, when they may visit, and how they navigate the sites once they are on them.
7. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
High Liner Foods has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
8. WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE ON OUR SITES?
High Liner Foods may use "cookie" technology to obtain non-personal information from visitors to this site. Cookies are information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We do not extract personal information in this process, nor do we provide this information to third parties. Cookies allow us to customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make the site experience more efficient. If your browser is configured to reject cookies, you will not be able to use the features of our sites. When you log in, a cookie can tell us whether you've visited us before or are a new visitor. We do use the cookie to help us identify site features in which you have the greatest interest, so that we can provide you with more of what you want.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings on your computer or other device you are using to access our services. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and delete cookies, including High Liner Foods cookies.
High Liner Foods’ site may contain links to other sites. We make every effort to link only to websites that share our high standards. We try our best to ensure these links are reputable, but the privacy and data collection practices on any linked websites are entirely separate from High Liner Foods and are not covered by this Policy. Other websites that may contain material that we do not approve of may also link to this site without High Liner Foods’ knowledge or consent. High Liner Foods has no responsibility for the content, policies, or actions of these websites.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You can exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable laws by reaching out to High Liner Foods at email@example.com . You have multiple privacy rights, subject to applicable law, in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for receiving Investor Alerts from High Liner Foods.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can ask us for a copy of information about you.
11. DO YOU COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Important Note to Parents: We do not include information or content on this site that is intentionally directed at minor children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children on our sites. All of our contests require that participants be adults.
Important Note to Children: Before providing your name, address, email address, or any other personal information to anyone on the Internet, be sure to ask your parents if it is okay.
12. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT?
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as amended, California residents may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (see Section 3);
- the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information (see Section 3);
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you (see Section 4); and
- the categories of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information (see Section 6).
- Delete personal information we collected from you or correct inaccurate personal information about you (see Section 10).
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If you are an authorized agent making an access or deletion request on behalf of a Californian resident, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a Californian resident.
If you are a California resident, you may obtain information about exercising your rights, as described above, by contacting us at 1.603.818.5300. For information on the CCPA requests High Liner Foods received, complied with, or denied for the previous calendar year, please reach out to us email@example.com.
13. PRIVACY COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Written inquiries to the Privacy Compliance Officer may be addressed to:
High Liner Foods Incorporated
Privacy Compliance Officer (Legal Department)
PO Box 910
100 Battery Point
Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0
14. FILING A COMPLAINT
15. HIGH LINER FOODS INCORPORATED HEADQUARTERS
High Liner Foods’ corporate headquarters are located at:
100 Battery Point
Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0